Hello, readers! Wow, I’m really having quite the year. I was lying awake one night and I couldn’t stop thinking about the idea of releasing hardcover editions of all current and future fiction books.
The idea wouldn’t leave me alone. So here we are.
I’m currently working with a layout editor and a new cover illustrator to create some STUNNING hardcover editions for my Destiny Seeker duology and The Throwaway Queen. I’m so excited to see these covers and show them off. My paperbacks have character art on the front; the hardcovers will have a different approach. Lots of symbolism and focus on the title so they look like beautiful tomes.
To fund this process, I will have a crowdfunding project in September. AKA, I’m using Indiegogo to create reward tiers. This will be an opportunity to preorder your copies and get some additional perks for supporting me. I’m trying to not be too nervous or pessimistic but even if my community helps me chip away at the total cost of this project, that would be incredible.
Here’s a quick look at my to-do list:
- Reach out to cover designer/illustrator and layout editor.
- Pay for formatting.
- Pay for covers.
- Research dimensions for the hardcover editions.
- Fill out design forms for layout editor.
- Prepare text files for layout editor.
- Determine timeline for the layout and cover completion for each book.
- Set up Indiegogo campaign.
- Set up hardcover edition release date.
- Order physical copies
- Sign copies
- Mail copies
- Set up a book signing/release party
More details, like a production timeline and cover reveals, will be coming shortly. You can sign up for my newsletter, subscribe to the Wit & Travesty blog, or follow me on social media to be the first to know.
I’m so excited! Are you excited??