- Blog Posts Written: 5
- Fiction Words Written: 10,000
- # of Days I Wrote Fiction: 15
- Current Manuscripts: 4 (between the two of us)
With the combined efforts of #AprWritingChallenge and Camp NaNoWriMo, I was able to achieve 10,000 words for the month (my Camp goal), as well as finishing my first manuscript! Some sections of the manuscript have seen more edits than others, but I can finally say that it’s all written out from start to finish! It’s a crazy feeling; I can’t believe after all this time this moment is finally here. Take that, New Year’s Resolutions!
Travis is also nearly finished with the semester and has a lot of papers to show for it.
- # of Days I Edited: 4
I tried to put away my editing eyes for my writing hands. I didn’t take a lot of time to worry about editing. You can only do one or the other! May will definitely be a month for editing. Mal sehen what my manuscript looks like when I take a second look.
- Books Finished: Unraveled: A Tale of True Love by Julie Daines (Whitney) and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry (Travis)
- Currently Reading: The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker (gosh, this is not the fast read)
- Books Reviewed: 0
- #AprWriChallenge. I set a goal to write 500 words or revise for an hour a day. It’s a blast and gets my rear in gear.
- Weekend Writing Warriors. Still on the blog hop venture. I’ve been posting 8 lines from my WIP. So far it’s been fun receiving feedback, sharing what I’m working on, and reading what the others are up to.
- Writing with friends. Some of my coworkers and I have begun meeting each week just to write. Well, after the socializing and playing with geriatric dogs are over, then we get to writing. It’s nice to have coworkers that also double as fun friends.
- Friggin made a dress.
- We went to a wedding! Congrats, little bro!
- Travis finished yet another semester of school. He’s been studying full-time, working part-time, and still making time for himself. He’s looking forward to just working, writing, and gaming all summer long.
- Travis turned 26! We celebrated with a homemade cookie cake.
- We reached our first anniversary! This year has been amazingly good to us. We’re pumped for this upcoming year.
Goals for May
- Make a business plan for an Etsy shop. I originally thought it would be cool to have a page via Wit & Travesty where people could view my cross stitch samplers or order commissions. I’ve decided it’s way more professional and organized to take the Etsy route. It’s fairly daunting, but I’m excited to see what will come in the future.
- Write more content for you! I’ve been steady with the updates and WeWriWa snippets, but we still have a lot of topics we’d like to discuss that is more beneficial to you guys. We’re shooting for weekly posts.
- Create a writing schedule and stick to it. I love making lists and schedules for myself, but I really do need a writing schedule and especially one that I’ll follow. It’ll mainly be for peace of mind that I’m constantly giving enough attention to everything. Any suggestions?
- Edit 50 pages of Destiny Seeker. For now, it’s an arbitrary number, but I think I can totally use this month to edit what I’ve just finished.