Hello friends! We’ve seen other writer-bloggers like Kate M Colby and Amanda Richter write these kinds of posts, and we thought it was a great idea. It has helped to at least see how much we’ve done in a month and share our goals with you. If you don’t do this already, you can copy this idea like we did.
So here’s some categories to break down all the (potentially) interesting things we’ve done.
- Blog Posts Written: 8
- Fiction Words Written: 10,137
- # of Days I Wrote Fiction: 22
- Pages of Essays Written: 12
- Current Manuscripts: 4 (between the two of us)
This month, I made a personal goal to write more fiction and share it with you, rather than blogging. It turns out that by joining #MarchWritingChallenge, I was able to get a lot of important writing done.
Travis is also nearly finished with the semester and has a lot of papers to show for it.
- # of Days I Edited: 9
- Misc. Editing: 1 writing group session
I’m still in the middle of my first manuscript, so I’m trying to focus on writing more and saving the editing for later. However, it’s great to get edits from my writing group so I know if I’m heading in the right direction.
- Books Finished: 0
- Books Reviewed: What Is Lost by Lauren Skidmore
- Currently Reading: The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
- Commentathon. I read 52 blog posts and left comments on each one, and they did the same for me! It was a lot of fun.
- #MarWriChallenge. I set a goal to write 500 words or revise for an hour a day. It’s a blast and gets my rear in gear.
- Weekend Writing Warriors. A new blog hop venture. I’ve been posting 8 lines from my WIP. So far it’s been fun receiving feedback, sharing what I’m working on, and reading what the others are up to.
- Entered a bag design contest. You can see it here and vote for Bielefeld to win.
- Completed 2 cross stitch samplers.
- Celebrated Festival of Colors. So what if 90% of us are white college students. It was a fun time to learn about someone else’s faith and celebrate with them.
- Started reading comics. I’m now into Ms. Marvel (Kamal Khan) and Spider Gwen.
Goals for April
- Crush Camp NaNoWriMo. I have a “simple” word count goal of 10,000, which is about 500 words a day easy. I just need something to help me plod along at my usual rate.
- Write more. Travis will be done with the semester midway through April. He’ll be getting back to writing and more fun things as soon as he can.
- Finish Destiny Seeker. This is my resolution every year. But at the rate that I’m going, this could be a reality.
- Launch my cross stitching page. It’ll be small and I might not have all the time in the world, but I’m excited to see what will come of it.
I’m not too disappointed with where I am. March has gone by so fast, and I owe it to the fact that I’ve been pleasantly busy. I’m doing so much more writing and blogging than I ever did as a college student, and it’s nice to see that my goals are slowly becoming a reality.
Share some of your monthly updates with us! Good luck on your goals, dreams, and adventures.