Can you believe it? Neither can we. We’re happy to say that Kate M. Colby has nominated us for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. She nominated us last week, and we were finally able to get around to this post.
Before we start with the good stuff, we’d like to say thanks to the people who have already subscribed to our updated site! Please let us know if you’re getting these posts via email or if anything is screwy. All the new subscribers show up differently than followers and we’re trying not to panic. If there’s something amiss, contact us and let us know.
The Award Guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
So here’s just a little bit that I know about Kate M. Colby. She has a fun Instagram account and I’m particularly excited to read The Cogsmith’s Daughter when it’s fresh off the press. She helps me feel like a part of the writing community and we haven’t even been at this for a year.
I would say that these kinds of awards are very inspiring in themselves. Basically, we’ve been up and at it for less than a year, and it’s little awards like these that remind us that people actually read what we post and like it. It gives you the motivation to keep adding to what you started and find meaning in what you love to do.
So here’s the rest of items that I have dutifully achieved.
Seven Facts about Whitney
- I met Travis—the Travesty of this blog—due to writing. He claims that the crush started in high school me once he knew that I was writing a book. Same goes for me. Ever since, I trust him completely as an editor and second opinion.
- My mom is Danish. My dad’s ancestors also emigrated to the USA from Denmark, so I am more than half Danish. I didn’t really get a grasp of the language until my university studies, but I’ve always been proud to be from that corner of the world.
- I used to dance with a hip hop group. People find this hard to believe for some reason. hmmmph. I love hip hop dancing and think I’m pretty good at it. I’m not so good at tricks or break dancing, but when I hear my jams, it’s pretty hard to sit still. I therefore rock dancing games like Just Dance 3 & 4. And I love the Step Up movies no matter how much they lack in plot or character development.
- I’m a major Once Upon a Time (OUAT) fan. We can geek out sometime.
- I’m a big fan of Indian/Pakistani fashion. I follow too many Pinterest boards and wished I could someday wear something that gorgeous.
- I really can’t handle downtime. Christmas is sometimes the worst, because I have so much free time. I’m always thinking, “I must be forgetting something. Is there something I should be doing right now?” Travis is one of the most chill people I know and he helps me relax and enjoy those moments where nothing has to be done.
- “Whit2ney” is my go-to nickname for a lot of social media things. It stems from a nickname I gave myself in high school: Whit-to-the-ney. Somehow I got my friends to call me that.
We were actually nominated a week or so ago, but we decided to take some time to get to know some of the people we follow, or otherwise interesting new people. Here are some people you should discover if you haven’t already:
- Flowers and Wanderlust
- Writerish Ramblings
- The Good Vader
- P.S. Hoffman
- Christina Ochs
- Charlotte Cuevas
- Loan Le
- Colin Ashby
- Kara Jorgensen
- Amanda Richter
- Don’t Be “a Writer”
- Lisa Voisin
- Dan Koboldt
- Red Lettering
- Blog the Adventure
So there you have it! Is there anyone we’ve missed? Introduce yourself below! We’re always looking for more blogger friends.
3 comments on “We Accept! Cheers to Our Second Blog Award”
Thanks for accepting, Whitney! I love seeing fellow bloggers recognized for their talents! And, I appreciated getting to know more about you. I agree with the rest of the world – you in a hip hop dance group is difficult to imagine, but also pretty epic. Kudos on being even cooler than expected!
haha, thanks! I usually come across as the bookish girl, or just too “conservative.” But I love proving people wrong. 🙂
Thank you so much for the nom! Keep your eyes out for the acceptance post.